Friday, February 3, 2012

Recipe Success-Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Stir-fry

I thought since what I made for dinner last night was so nummy that i should post the recipe so I don't forget (i made it up). I've made good things before and never wrote it down, so I don't remember how to make it, and that sucks! lol
So without further ado, here is the recipe for Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Stir-fry.

Rice (I used 1 cup uncooked rice and that was plenty. Kobe had enough to take to work)
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 TBSPs Honey
2 heaping teaspoons Fresh Minced Garlic
4 skinless Chicken thighs, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1/2 tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Flakes
1 package quartered Crimini Mushrooms
1/2 White Onion thinly sliced and roughly chopped
1 whole Red Pepper thinly sliced.

Cook rice as normal.
Cook chicken along with some vegetable oil. Season it with s&p. When the chicken is about cooked throughout add half of the soy sauce, cook for another 30 seconds or so then add the veggies. Cook the veggies and chicken for a minute or two then add the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and the red pepper flakes. Stir well and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the veggies are crisp tender. About 10 minutes. Sauce should be thin. It makes it better so that rice can soak it all up.
Taste it and see if you need to Add more ketchup, soy sauce, honey, garlic, or red pepper flakes. I liked it sweet and spicy, almost like a hot and sour Thai soup. Different veggies can be used, but I just used my favorites and it worked out very well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment