Ever since we lived in Kamloops and were looking at places to live in here in Victoria, I wanted to get a place that allows a pet. We did not find one. We have been living without a pet for 3 years and 4 months now. It has been tough!! A little piece of myself is missing. I don't feel quite "whole" (for lack of better ways to put it)
Our land lords approved a dog, but only a Bichon or Toy Poodle. Well, they run very expensive and they are hard to find! I think about moving every single day just to get a pet. I really want a cat. I'm more of a cat person than a dog person. But of course moving just to get a pet can't happen just like that. It involves finding the right place, which we haven't. Places here are so expensive. Where we are right now works with our budget. Here is where we will be for a while probably.
But the "little gift from God" that I'm talking about in the title is our new little pet. It's cute, small, brown, and loves nuts. We've got ourselves a pet squirrel. Well not really a "pet", but we sure treat it like it's "ours" and it comes around like it belongs to us too. It comes around in the morning peeking through our patio door asking for more nuts. It gets really close to us. It's unreal. It's the friendliest squirrel I have EVER seen in my life! And we see many of them in our neighborhood; they usually scurry away really fast at first glance of a human.
I feel like that squirrel is a little gift from God. His way of saying, "here you go, Nichelle, this is the best I can do right now. I know it's not a cat, but please be patient, you will have your cat sooner than you realize."
I'm grateful for little Gifts like that. I truly do believe it is from God. I get so happy when I see it. I get to feed it and give it water daily like I would a cat.
The kids absolutely love it too. They also love feeding her nuts. Tiffani yells "SQUIRREL" with such delight and excitement when she sees it. One day it came into our house and tiffani said, "UH-OH" lol. I was half asleep not knowing what she was talking about. I opened my eyes and there was the squirrel in our house.
I can't wait to get a cat...but for now I'll take the squirrel! :)
ps. btw, the little black "blob" on the right hand of the picture is the squirrel.
No comments:
Post a Comment